I’m happy to announce that the new version of Steemfilter has been launched today. It has got a reputation filter, popular tags filter, and several other improvements. I designed a logo for it, too.
What is Steemfilter?
Steemfilter is a tool that helps find fresh quality posts on Steemit. Here are its main use cases:
Support new Steemians
How to use: select reputation 25-25 and the tag “introduceyourself”.
Established Steemians willing to help new authors can now do so without spending too much time. How to use: select reputation 25-45.
Better Steem investment
Steemians interested in a better use of their Steem Power can find new interesting bloggers to (auto)vote for. How to use: select reputation 45-60.
Connect newcomers to established members
Aspiring authors can now easily find posts by members with high reputation to learn from them, discover new valuable information, contribute to discussions and be heard by more experienced members. How to use: select reputation 60-75.
What’s New in Version 3
- Reputation filter: you can filter new posts by author’s reputation from 25 to 75
- Popular tags filter: you can select a tag from about 20 most popular ones
- Improved English filter (better filtering of East Asian languages)
- Filters out posts downvoted by @steemcleaners
- Speed improvement
- New logo designed
How it works
- Short post check. It’s so much easier to produce short posts and it could look more profitable, but my experience says a short post gets a good payout very rarely, at least for new Seemit authors.
- Filters out posts with no images. The same reason as above — finding a good licensed image requires effort.
- Plagiarism check. The script filters out posts voted for by @cheetah or @steemcleaners.
- Language detection (so far English only, I’ll add more languages later).
- Language filter (currently Steemfilter shows English posts only, in the next version I will work on adding an option to choose from more languages).
- If the project’s user base will continue growing, I’ll experiment with text analysis tools like readability tests, topic detection or English grammar check.